Freelance Web Designer Wanted (Part-Time)
We\'re a small web design studio that builds high-end WordPress websites for speakers, consultants & coaches.
We are looking for a talented web designer to design website interfaces and provide graphic work. To start out, work will be on a per job (website) basis. Eventually we would arrange to put you on retainer for on-going work.
Examples websites we have designed & built:
As a designer, you:
- have a true natural talent when it comes to design and take great pride in your work. You take great attention to detail in your designs - you identify with the term 'pixel perfect\'
- use Photoshop & Illustrator like a rockstar
- take a client's goals and audience into consideration when designing
- believe a great website is one that is easy to use (great UX), looks professional and clearly communicates the client's message
- have experience building websites using WordPress
- take the client\'s industry, target market & website goals into consideration when create a design
- keep track of web design trends, and have a modern design style
- consider typography to be very important and take close attention to fonts, line spacing, etc.
As a person, you are:
- fluent speaking/writing in English, excellent communicator, responsible and can deliver on time, you are responsive via email, available to chat (via skype, or Slack)
- not afraid to ask questions when you are unsure about how to complete the task or the desired outcome
- able to follow instructions & processes
- friendly and personable, easy to work with and able to take feedback and criticism
Your role would require you to:
- work from a client\'s established logo & colors to establish a clean & modern look & feel for their new website. You would be establishing a colour palette, creating graphics, styling photos, etc.
- design rest of site pages to match with the new brand style you established
- use photos provided from client or choose stock photos to integrate into page designs, making them attractive & fit with the design
- setup and design landing pages
- create graphics for blog posts and blog sidebar banners
- integrate copy & add images into pages, creating an interesting layout
Bonus skills (if you got, great!):
- you have experience using project management apps like Teamwork, Basecamp or Asana
- you have worked with Beaver Builder
- WordPress & plugin setup knowledge
- CSS/HTML coding skills
- logo designer
If you think you would be a great fit, please apply with the following:
- why you think you are a good fit
- how long you've been a web designer
- how you structure your days/schedule
- link to review your portfolio or send 3 samples of your best website designs
- what skill you're keen to learn next
- where you're from, timezone, weekly available hours, your usual working hours (if any)
- your hourly rate
- your favourite hobby
I look forward to hearing from you.